Monday, February 18, 2013

Liebster Award



So my alter-ego, "Ready for My Turn" was given the Liebster Award. But I want to get this blog out a little more so I can find other donor egg women like me. Hope you don't mind, Invincible Spring!
The idea is to circulate and increase the readership of smaller blogs; so I answer the questions put to me by Invincible Spring, and then come up with questions of my own to forward to bloggers of my choosing.

The Liebster Award is available to bloggers with less than 200 followers. And you get to add this award to your blog! There is a code, but I can't find it, so copy and paste the picture below and add it as a gadget to your blog!

Here goes!


Invincible Spring's Questions

          1. Did you have an imaginary friend growing up?
No, not that I can remember. But my sister and my dogs were my bestest friends.

          2. If you had to pick: Museum/Gallery, or Great Outdoors?
Great Outdoors, hands down. While I love Museums and Galleries, there's nothing like the fresh air and feeling of the Great Outdoors.

          3. City or countryside?
Depends. Am I wanting to explore, walk around, see book stores and stop in for an afternoon hot chocolate? Or do I feel like hiking and reading?

          4. Is there a particular artist whose work really speaks to you?
Tchaikovsky's Swan Lake (ignore the video, it's the music I want you to hear) and the sound track to Phantom of the Opera.

          5. What place have you travelled that you wanted to return to again and again?
Costa Rica.

          6. If you could invite anyone, living or dead, who would be on the guest list for your dream dinner party?
My maternal great grandmother. She rescued Jews in Holland during the war, ran a business when women weren't allowed to and raised children as a single mother.

          7. What made you decide to start blogging?
Infertility and the feeling that I was so underwater and so alone I might not make it.

          8. Halloween/fancy dress costume of choice?
Nope.

          9. And I'm totally stealing Amanda's idea, because I want more recipes for my collection. So pretty please, share one if you can?
Tear up pieces of kale, sprinkle with olive oil, nutritional yeast and some salt, put in the oven at 250 for 20 minutes until the edges start to blacken, then raise heat to 350 for 10 minutes. DELIC!

My questions:

1. Dogs or cats?
2. Favorite season and why?
3. Do you have a green thumb? Does that change depending on whether we're talking about indoor versus outdoor plants?
4. Have you yet found any silver lining(s) in the journey of infertility? If so, what?
5. Are you reading a book currently? What?
6. Do you make lists to keep organized in life or do things just stick in your mind?
7. Favorite scent?

And, the nominees are (ignore if you feel like it!):

Quest for the Golden Egg
Chicks and Eggs
The Elusive Second Line
Submerged
The Moon on a Stick
Here I Go Again
A Place Where I Can Be Me
Project Make A Baby 

4 comments:

  1. Can anyone nominate someone for this or be nominated for it? I'd love more readers and I have some friends I'd love to nominate. How does it generate readers?

    I've been seeing this everywhere and I'm curious!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just nominated you!!! I believe the only requirement is that the blogger has less than 200 followers. Oh, and to put the award on your blog, you have to answer the questions (supposed to be 11 questions but oh well) and nominate your own bloggers.

      Delete
  2. Aw thanks!!! :D That's so nice of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We just completed our DE IVF treatment at BioTexCom after three unsuccessful attempts at another clinic. We had the most positive experience. We highly recommend this clinic. On our initial consultation, we were impressed straight away when we walked into the clinic. It is very modern and all the staff that we met where extremely pleasant and friendly. We were initially greeted by a very nice lady at the main desk who took our details. Next we met with our coordinator who we had exchanged numerous emails with prior to coming to the clinic. She then introduced us to the doctor who would be performing the procedure. We were put at ease straight away by the doctor who was extremely personable and gentle. She took her time explaining the entire process in great detail. She didn’t rush at all. We left that initial consultation feeling so confident and optimistic about our decision to move to this clinic. Following that, we started the process. All communication with our coordinator was very clear and any questions that we had were answered quickly. The procedure went smoothly. Unlike our previous experiences, communication continued with the coordinator in the weeks following the procedure. She was always willing to answer any questions or concerns that we had. We are so delighted to say that our dream came through at BioTexCom. We got a positive pregnancy result!

    ReplyDelete